Monday, June 23, 2008

Movies: The Incredible Hulk

Hulk. The Incredible Hulk. Both movies are quite different but they are about the same big green superhero. The difference? Hulk was the 2003 film directed by Ang Lee starring Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly while The Incredible Hulk is the 2008 film by Louis Leterrier starring Edward Norton and Liv Tyler. I'm not posting spoilers here but I will just give my comments about the two movies.
The 2003 film Hulk was a total bomb. I didn't love the movie and I thought it was pretty boring. This film mainly showed how Bruce Banner became the Hulk. The fight scenes were not really that good, too. The 2008 film The Incredible Hulk was really good. It didn't show how Bruce Banner became the hulk but it showed a different side of the green guy. I thought their love story was sweet with a few unexpected laughs here and there. The movie also showed another side of Bruce Banner as the Hulk. I especially loved the fight scenes in the movie and I thought the first appearance of the Hulk was artfully done.
I would give this movie a 7 out of 10 stars. It was pretty exciting and typical of all action hero movies, hinted a sequel in the end.

By the way, this is me with the Hulk at Universal Studios in California. He looks pretty tough but I know he's a softy!