Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Trips: Universal Citywalk

I've bee pretty tired to blog lately; even a friend commented on it. Well, blogging does get a bit tiring sometimes. So, to satisfy her cravings? for more posts from me, I decided to post recent pics when we went to Universal CityWalk on the 4th of July. Okay, okay, we didn't go shopping even though I wanted too but hey, we can still do that sometime in the future.
For those of you who don't know, the Universal CityWalk "is the name given to the entertainment and retail districts located adjacent to the theme parks of Universal Parks & Resorts. Originating as an expansion of Universal's first park, Universal Studios Hollywood, CityWalk serves as an entrance plaza from the parking lots to the theme parks (Wikipedia.org)."
Because we had bought tickets for the whole year back in 2005, we have been frequent visitors of the Theme Park so this time, we opted not to get one and just enjoy window shopping at the CityWalk.

My mom took this shot while I was posing in front of the Universal Studios Globe. She's not good with cameras so excuse her photo faux pas. At 4 PM, it was pretty hot, so standing beside the Globe with mist spraying about was refreshing.

This is the red carpeted park entrance. Of course, I couldn't take a picture of the carpet as there were a lot of people posing but I took a picture with me on the carpet back in '05 but I still need to find. Sorry.

It's the Hulk! Well, this Hulk resembles the Edward Norton Hulk. In my previous post, I also posed in front of the Hulk; only he was the cartoon Hulk. Am I making sense? Anyway, this Hulk guards the entrance of the Universal Studios Store. I just couldn't resist posing in front of him; check out his six-pack!

This is the City Loft. I think it's smack dab in the middle of the CityWalk. There is a second floor surrounding this loft where night spots, like the Rumba Room, are located. Below is a fountain that shoots water a few feet in the air. Kids love to go and play in the water; if only to cool down from the California heat.



Yummy food stands abound at the CityWalk. You can get the famous Dip 'N Dots (the ice cream of the future), cotton candy, and candy apples in the stores or in carts around CityWalk. Yummy! Well, being a lover of ice cream, I just had to get my Dip 'N Dots. This one is the classic banana split. At 5 dollars a cup, it was yummy. Of course, this ice cream hardly melts in the heat so ice crean soup will not be a problem.

After the tiring window shopping (I developed a blister, by the way) we sat back and relaxed on the loft overlooking the Hard Rock Cafe and had Chilli Cheese Fries from Tommy's World Famous Hamburgers. I've got to tell you that these fries are the best! Eat them with your hands or with a fork, it's one messy, but uber yummy, fries.

Universal CityWalk
100 Universal City Plaza
Universal City, CA 91608

CityWalk Hours:
Sun-Thurs 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Fri-Sat 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM


Like me? Add to Technorati Favorites