Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trips: Japanese Garden

Last Sunday was the first time that I used my Nikon D40 SLR camera. I know, I know, I'm not that good yet and I still lack the expertise to manipulate the shutter speed and the f-stops (aperture) but I am getting there!

We went to The Japanese Gardens in Van Nuys, California and we enjoyed the whole excursion. At $3.00 per person, not only was it affordable but it was worth it! This post will turn out to be a photo post and I hope you will enjoy my photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Japanese Garden

Japanese Garden

Japanese Garden

Waterfalls

Picket Fence

Japanese Bamboo

Lian Hua

Waterlily

Waterlily

Waterlily Spores


Suiho En, the garden of water and fragrance is a 6.5 acre authentic Japanese garden fashioned after “stroll gardens” constructed during the 18th and 19th centuries for Japanese Feudal lords. The Garden Creator, Dr. Kawana designed more than one dozen major Japanese gardens in the United States, including botanical gardens at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, San Diego's Balboa Park and gardens in Denver, Chicago, Memphis, Minneapolis, and the largest Japanese garden in the United States - the 14 acre garden in St. Louis. He pioneered the design of traditional Japanese gardens which utilized plants native to the area of the garden.

For my whole album please visit Secret Fantasy.







Location:
The Japanese Gardens
6100 Woodley Ave, Van Nuys, California, 91406
Tel 818 756 8166 • Fax 818 756 9648
Info: The Japanese Garden