I have a hankering for sweets these days and I just couldn't help myself. I also found a recipe online for this delicious treat (It's not the recipe for this one though).
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Saigon Cinnamon
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- chocolate curls for garnish
- Chill clean mixing bowl and balloon whip in freezer for whipping cream.
- Heat white chocolate in a medium microwaveable bowl, uncovered, on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 30 seconds at a time until mixture can be stirred smooth. Dissolve instant coffee in 1 teaspoon hot water. Add dissolved coffee, 1/4 cup heavy cream, vanilla, and cinnamon to chocolate and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave as described in step 2. Place foil muffin liners in eight muffin tins. Working on one chocolate cup at a time, spoon about 1 tablespoon melted chocolate into foil liner, and, using a small pastry brush, "paint" chocolate about half-way up each liner. Chill in refrigerator or freezer until hardened, about 10-15 minutes.
- While chocolate cups are chilling, whip remaining 3/4 cup heavy cream in chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually and whip to very stiff peaks. Very gently fold whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture, taking care to maintain the fluffiness of the whipped cream.
- Remove chocolate cups from refrigerator and carefully peel off foil liners. If chocolate becomes too soft, return to refrigerator for a few minutes. Fill each chocolate cup with about 4 tablespoons whipped cream mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired. Refrigerate; let stand about 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.