Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Learnings: Online Jargon

You got me! I'm a complete noob when it comes to online jargon. I was racking my brains out thinking about what LMAO or IMHO stand for but I was to chicken to ask my other blogger friends. A light bulb suddenly came on and I smacked myself on the head; I can find all this stuff if I Googled it! I hopped over to G's homey and behold, the answer to all my prayers! I am now sharing these to other bloggers who are to chicken to ask for fear of criticism. I added a few terms that I knew and some that I haven't had the opportunity to see written around the blogosphere (yet). You don't need to tell me that you learned from this post, in fact, you can remain anonymous!

AFAIC

As far as I'm concerned

AFAIK

As far as I know

AFK

Away from keyboard

BRB

Be right back

BTDT

Been there, done that

BTW

By the way

FAQ

Frequently Asked Question

FYI

For your information

HTH

Hope this helps

IANAL

I am not a lawyer

IIRC

If I recall correctly

IMHO

In my humble opinion

IMNSHO

In my not so humble opinion

IMO

In my opinion

IOW

In other words

LMAO

Laughing my butt off

LOL

Laughing out loud

n00b

From "newbie", meaning a newcomer not yet familiar with the rules

OMG

Oh my God

OTOH

On the other hand

ROFL

Rolling on the floor laughing

ROFLMAO

Rolling on the floor laughing my butt off

w00t

An expression of joy

WTF

What the heck (it says heck but I thought it said f*ck?)



Source: Knowledge Base
Image: Google Images



Like me? Add to Technorati Favorites